Lexington Firefighters: Kerosene Heater May Have Started House Fire

Contributor: Ellen Bryan
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 3/14 12:32 am
Lexington Firefighters battled a house fire Thursday night on Roosevelt Boulevard.

It happened around 10:00 p.m.

Firefighters said a kerosene heater might have started the fire in the attic.

Crews said three adults and two children were able to get out of the house.

According to firefighters, one woman went to the hospital for an injury that was not related to the fire.

Investigators said that the home's electricity and gas were off.

There was not major damage to the home.







Share
Most Popular
Hustonville Woman Killed In Collision With Log Truck
State Police said Amanda Griffin, 21, of Hustonville, was killed when the car she was driving crossed the centerline and collided with a log truck on KY 906 near Liberty Wednesday afternoon. KSP said Griffin was not wearing a seat belt.
UPDATE: Police Say One Driver Did Not Survive Collision On U.S. 60
Police said one person died after a collision Thursday at U.S. 60 and Paddock Drive. Video Video
2014 36 Blitz: Somerset Briar Jumpers
Head coach Robbie Lucas lost a big senior class, but that doesn't mean Somerset has any lower expectations this season. Video Video
Injury Accident Reported in Versailles
ABC 36 has learned that an injury accident has shut down traffic at one of Versailles' main intersections.
Campton Man Charged In Big Marijuana Bust In Powell County
The Powell County Sheriff said Beacher Campbell of Campton was charged with Trafficking in Marijuana. Investigators said they confiscated $15,000 in the bust.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
   

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.