Freeze Warning expires at 9:00 AM on 4/17, issued at 3:24 AM Allen, KY | Annville, KY | Artemus, KY | Ary, KY

Lexington Fire Department Warns Of Carbon Monoxide Dangers

Reported by: Tom Kenny
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 10/01/2012 7:25 pm
The Lexington Fire Department said a couple fell ill from carbon monoxide poisoning in their home on Clinton Road.

The original call for help to the Fire Department was for a man suffering a stroke.

Fire crews said when they entered the home, their carbon monoxide detectors immediately went off, indicating high levels of the colorless, odorless gas.

The Lexington Fire Department equips each of its bags with the CO2 monitors.

"The monitor not only helped save their life, but it let the crew know not to leave anyone because if they didn't have a CO2 detector, we could have left a family member there and suffer the same fate," said Battalion Chief Ed Davis. 

Davis urged everyone to get a carbon monoxide detector, which usually cost anywhere from $10-to-$50.
Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
Most Popular
Two Men Injured In Violent Crash In Laurel County
The Laurel County Sheriff's Office said two London men were airlifted to UK Hospital after the car they were in left Wyan Road Tuesday night and hit a tree head-on.
Proposed Walmart In Versailles Causing Controversy
A Walmart Supercenter may be coming to Versailles, but families there have mixed feelings about the development. Video Video
Former Pastor Accepts Plea Deal to Sex Abuse Charges
A former Wayne County pastor who had been indicted on 13 counts of rape in 2011 accepted a plea deal Tuesday.
Lawmakers toughen accountability for districts
A bill aimed at strengthening accountability standards for Kentucky's school districts has won final approval from state lawmakers.
Part Of Bluegrass Pkwy. To Temporarily Close In Woodford Co.
Part of the Bluegrass Parkway in Woodford County will be temporarily closed Thursday. The state said crews would be cleaning up rock slide debris from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.