Lexington Fire Department Warns Of Carbon Monoxide Dangers

Reported by: Tom Kenny
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 10/01/2012 7:25 pm
The Lexington Fire Department said a couple fell ill from carbon monoxide poisoning in their home on Clinton Road.

The original call for help to the Fire Department was for a man suffering a stroke.

Fire crews said when they entered the home, their carbon monoxide detectors immediately went off, indicating high levels of the colorless, odorless gas.

The Lexington Fire Department equips each of its bags with the CO2 monitors.

"The monitor not only helped save their life, but it let the crew know not to leave anyone because if they didn't have a CO2 detector, we could have left a family member there and suffer the same fate," said Battalion Chief Ed Davis. 

Davis urged everyone to get a carbon monoxide detector, which usually cost anywhere from $10-to-$50.
Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
Most Popular
Kentucky hospital live streaming video from NICU
A southern Kentucky hospital has begun live streaming video of newborns in its Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, allowing parents and staff to keep an eye on the babies.
Tree Goes Through Family's Bedroom
Sunday afternoon around 3 p.m. on Carver Road a tree slams into a family’s home.
36 Blitz: Rowan Co. Vikings
Ray Graham Returns To School He Led During Early 80s Stint Video Video
Tornado Watch Extended For Parts Of Kentucky
The tornado watch has been allowed to expire for some counties as planned at 8 p.m. Sunday, but most of the watch has been extended until 2 a.m. Monday.
UPDATE: Lexington Man Found
Lexington Police found an elderly man missing.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.