Lexington Family Loses Home In Overnight Fire

Reported by: Ian Preston
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 3/30/2013 9:08 pm
John Chenault fell asleep in his basement Friday night.

When he woke up he found his house starting to catch fire.

The Lexington Fire Department says the fire started around 2:30am Saturday.

Chenault believes the fire started from a short-circuited space heater catching an area rug.

He says he tried to put out the fire by smothering it with his reclining chair, but says that only fueled the fire.

Chenault's wife was the only other one home at the time of the fire but got out okay.

John says she suffered a mild heart attack once out of the home and had to stay overnight at the hospital for observation.

The couple's daughter and her two children also live in the home, but weren't there when the fire started.

Chenault says insurance should cover the home repairs, but says everything else is a total loss.
Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
Most Popular
UK Criticized For Not Notifying High School Students Of Controversial Guest Speaker
Teachers, students and parents from duPont Manual High School said they were outraged that the University of Kentucky didn't tell them that the guest speaker at their awards ceremony was a controversial write-in U.S. Senate candidate with an anti-Semitic platform. Video Video
iPhone Campers Evacuated, Mall Searched For Reported Armed Suspect
Lexington Police made campers for the newest iPhone leave their spots in line outside Fayette Mall Thursday night after reports of a man with a gun in the area. Video Video
School bookkeeper charged with embezzling funds
A former bookkeeper at Saint Gabriel the Archangel Church and School in Louisville has been charged with embezzling $83,191 in funds from the parish by means of wire fraud.
Louisville woman loses state fair blue ribbon
The Louisville woman whose prize-winning recipe for buttermilk pie featured a store-bought crust has lost her blue ribbon.
Former Kentucky Republican Leader Dies
Former Kentucky gubernatorial press secretary and congressional aide Larry Van Hoose has died in Florida. He was 76.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
   

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.