The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Department of Highways, announces that temporary lane closures are scheduled for streets in downtown Lexington, Fayette County. The closures are necessary for milling and paving work to be completed.
Work will begin:
- Tonight - Monday, July 8 from 7:00 p.m. through Tuesday, July 9 at 6:00 a.m.
(the same schedule will remain in place for Wednesday and Thursday of this week)
Work will continue for the next several weeks:
- Monday through Thursday – 7:00 p.m. each evening to 6:00 a.m. on the following morning
Downtown streets that will have milling and paving:
- Winslow Street (between Lime and Upper)
- Upper Street (from Winslow Street to Scott Street)
- Bolivar Street (from Upper Street to Broadway)
- Broadway (from Bolivar to Fifth Street)
- One lane will be open in each direction at all times.
All scheduled work is subject to change depending on weather, emergencies and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet asks the traveling public to be aware of the work zone and to utilize safe driving habits when traveling through the area.
For up-to-date traffic and travel information dial 511 or visit www.511.ky.gov for the latest statewide traffic updates.