Lipscomb at Kentucky
Men’s Basketball Post-Game Notes
Rupp Arena, Lexington, Ky., December 15, 2012
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 88, Lipscomb 50
Team Records and Series Notes
· Kentucky is 7-3 on the season and Lipscomb is 4-5.
· Kentucky leads the series 2-0, with both games in Lexington.
o UK is now 10-3 all-time against teams from the current alignment of the Atlantic Sun Conference.
· UK concludes its five-game homestand Saturday against Marshall. The game will be at 4:00 and will be televised on ESPN2.
· Kentucky started with the lineup of Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress and Nerlens Noel for the first time.
· Thegame was tied at two each, then Kentucky led the rest of the game.
· Kentucky scored the last six points to take a 43-29 lead into the intermission, the Wildcats’ largest advantage of the half.
· Lipscomb cut the lead to 10 points on three occasions early in the second half, but never got it back into single digits.
· Ahead53-39, Kentucky closed the game with a 35-11 run.
· Kentucky held Lipscomb to 50 points. UK is 26-0 under Coach John Calipari when limiting opponents to 55 or fewer points.
· Lipscomb shot 35.4 percent from the field, including just 21.7 percent in the second half.
· Kentucky is 5-0 this season when holding the opponent under 40 percent.
· Kentucky tied a season-high with 22 3-point attempts, making eight.
· Kentucky won bench points 41-12 and points in the paint 46-22.
· Kyle Wiltjer had his first collegiate double-double with 23 points and a career-high 12 rebounds.
o UK’s first 20-10 game since Michael Kidd-Gilchrist vs. Indiana in the NCAA Tournament.
o It ishis second 20-point game of the season and third of his career.
o Tied his season high for points and his career best for 3-pointers, both accomplished vs. Lafayette.
· Ryan Harrow scored a season-high 12 points, his first double-figure game as a Wildcat.
o Harrowhad his season high in consecutive games, scoring eight vs. Portland and 12 today.
o Alsohad a season-best two steals.
· Archie Goodwin had 10 points and four assists.
o Goodwin has scored in double figures in every game but one this season.
o Goodwin has at least four assists in seven-straight games.
· Alex Poythress had 11 points and four rebounds.
o Hisfourth-straight game to score in double digits.
· Nerlens Noel totaled seven points, nine rebounds, seven blocked shots and four steals.
o Noelhas at least six rebounds in every game this season.
o Tiedhis season high for blocked shots, accomplished in consecutive games.
o First player with seven blocks in consecutive games since Anthony Davis last season vs. Tennessee and LSU.
· Julius Mays had seven points and a season-high six rebounds.
· Willie Cauley-Stein had eight points and season highs with four assists and three steals.
· Jarrod Polson scored seven points, his best since the Lafayette game on Nov. 16.