A draft that covers the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet's goals, objectives and strategies until 2035 is up for review by the public.
When it's completed, the Long-Range Statewide Transportation Plan will act as a guide for several organizations, policymakers and communities.
The 2014 draft updates the original plan that was set up in 2006 and includes...
• More emphasis on investments that last longer and cost less
• Using new technologies to improve the operation and state of good repair
• Answering needs of growing populations
• Increasing highway safety
• Finding new ways to raise funding in all aspects of transportation
• Improving local, regional and global connectivity and access
• Putting all appropriate modes of transportation into one system
Public reviews are going on now and will last through June 23.
The transportation plan can be viewed online at transportation.ky.gov
by clicking the "Your Turn" link.
Comments can also be made by taking an online survey at yourturn.transportation.ky.gov
Survey results will be used to create a finalized plan, which is expected in the fall.