Insulation Fire Leaves Lexington Firefighter Injured

Contributor: Lance Vaught
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 1/03 6:41 pm
The Lexington Fire Department said an accidental fire burned down a home and put a firefighter in the hospital.

Fire crews said right before he left at around 1:15 Friday afternoon, the owner of the East New Circle home used a blow torch to try to keep his pipes from freezing.

This caused the trailer's insulation to catch on fire and led to a total loss of the home.

While at the scene, a firefighter slipped and fell on ice, hitting his elbow.

He was sent to the hospital with very minor injuries.
Share
Most Popular
Clerk Shot During An Apparent Robbery In Danville
Police in Danville said a worker at a Domino's Pizza was shot Monday night in what appears to be an attempted robbery. Video Video
UPDATE: Domino's Worker In Critical Condition After Attempted Robbery
A woman is in critical condition after police say she was shot during an attempted robbery at a Domino’s Pizza. Video Video
Traffic Stop Leads To Drug Arrest In Wolfe County
A traffic stop in Wolf county led to the arrest of a 66-year-old man who troopers said had four pounds of marijuana in his car.
Facebook Post Leads Deputies To Marijuana Patch In Whitley County
Someone in Whitley County posted photos of themself on Facebook posing in front of a marijuana patch on Clifford Canada Road, according to the Sheriff's Office. Those pictures led investigators to the pot patch and a father and son were arrested.
'Pay-what-you-can' restaurant planned
Organizers want to open a community restaurant in central Kentucky that offers home-cooked meals and a mission.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
   

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.