Money is pouring in for the beloved Lexington restaurant owner who was burned on 50 percent of his body.
Mamadou Savane, who runs Sav's Grill and Sav's Chill, had a cooking accident Tuesday, June 3rd and since then, the community has raised more than $59,000 to help.
That's 9 thousand more than the original goal and more financial help is on the way.
Several fundraising events are planned including a Master Chef watch party at the Smiley Pete Publishing headquarters 434 Old Vine St.
That will be Monday, June 16th from 6:00-10:00.
You can keep up with the fundraising here.