State Police said a former Harlan Independent School teacher was arrested and served with indictment warrants this week in connection to a child pornography case.
Investigators said Kevin S. Crider, 41, of Evarts, faced several charges:
- 8 counts distribute obscene material to minors
- 17 counts of distribution of matter portraying a sex performance by a minor
- 38 counts of distribution of obscene material
- 3 counts of use of a minor under 16 in a sex performance
- 1 count of solicitation of use of a minor under 16 in a sex performance
- 7 counts of use of a minor to distribute matter portraying a sex performance by a minor
- 7 counts of possession/views matter portraying a sexual performance by a minor
- 3 counts of promoting sex performance by a minor under 16 years of age
- 1 count of solicitation of promoting sex performance by a minor under the age of 16
On April 2, 2014, KSP detectives searched Crider's home and removed several pieces of computer/electronic equipment that were being used as evidence in the case.
Crider was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center.