Firefighters: Cigarette Started Fire In Lexington Home

Contributor: Christine Winter
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 3/18 9:07 pm
Lexington Firefighters said a lit cigarette butt started a fire Tuesday night in a home.

It happened just before 7:30 at a house on Butternut Hill Court, off Coddell Drive.

Investigators said a man inside thought he had put his cigarette out.

According to firefighters, it lit a couch on fire in the basement area.

No one was hurt in the fire.

But investigators said there was some light to moderate smoke damage to the home.
Share
Most Popular
Identity Theft Suspect Identified
Nicholasville Police are positive they have a suspect identified who is wanted in a recent identity theft case.
2014 36 Blitz: Mason Co. Royals
A look at tradition in Maysville and what it means to this season's team. Video Video
Lincoln County Woman Abducted; Held For Ransom
Stanford Police are looking for a suspect who abducted a woman at gun point, and held her for ransom Video Video
Postal Facility In Lexington Scheduled To Be Closed In 2015
The U.S. Postal Service's processing and distribution center on Nandino Boulevard in Lexington is scheduled to be closed next year to save money, according to the USPS Website. Video Video
5 Kentucky, Tennessee schools on list
Two Tennessee universities have made the "honor roll" of a publication's 2014 list of "Great Colleges To Work For."
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.