Danville Fire Department investigators said two people were critically injured when a meth lab blew up in an apartment.
Investigators said it happened just after 12:30 a.m. on Wednesday in a ground floor apartment of a five-plex on Patrician Place.
The Danville Fire Department said Cameron Boling was visiting Stephen Shepperson at his apartment when the explosion happened.
Both men were airlifted to U.K. Hospital in Lexington.
The explosion led to a fire that spread to upstairs units. A family of three was displaced.