A Winchester family will be looking for a new home after a house fire Friday afternoon destroyed theirs.
The Winchester Fire Department says they received a call a little after 1pm that a house on Linden Avenue had caught fire.
No one was home at the time, but the inside of the home was destroyed.
Investigators say the residents of the home had been smelling gas throughout the day.
They believe an old natural gas line, that went to a boarded up fireplace, had been leaking and somehow sparked a flame.