Firefighters say it was the quick calls from neighbors that potentially saved a Lexington Burger King from going up in flames.
According to Battalion Chief Jeff Nantz, the fire started in the mulch outside of the restaurant on Saron Drive.
The flames ran up the side of the building leading the firefighters to tear out part of the wall when they put out the fire.
They said there was not any interior damage, but that the building did fill with smoke.
Crews at the scene tell ABC 36 all of the customers got out safely and no one was hurt.
Nantz said the dry, windy conditions may have played a role in the fire.
He went on to say the health department will check out the restaurant before they can serve food again.