A Georgetown woman and her dog were forced from their home after a fire early Monday morning.
It happened just after 3 a.m. at a home on North Hamilton Street in Scott County.
Firefighters said the fire started in a shed behind a vacant home, but then spread to the neighboring house.
The shed was destroyed and the affected home had significant damage.
Firefighters said a woman and her dog that were inside the home made it out safely, but will not be able to stay there.
No word yet on what started the fire.