A dog is credited with saving the lives of a couple Friday morning in Lexington.
Around 3:15 a.m., the sleeping couple was woken up by their dog who was "acting weird."
According to Lexington Fire officials, as the homeowners woke up they quickly realized that their trailer home was quickly filling up with smoke.
The couple quickly grabbed the dog and headed outside as Scott County firefighters were arriving on the scene, Lexington Fire officials told ABC 36 News.
The trailer home, along Larado Drive, is right on the boarder of the Fayette-Scott County Line.
The Scott County Fire Department had been called out earlier to a reported gas leak one street over from the fire, Lexington Fire officials said. When they saw the fire, they called Lexington dispatchers and went over to make sure that everyone was out safely.
Although the couple was able to get out, the family's three other dogs did not make it out, fire officials said. Firefighters believed they died from smoke inhalation
The couple was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, officials said.
The fire is still under investigation, but they believe the fire was accidental.