Dog Saves Couple From Fire

Reported by: Paris Lewbel
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 5/30 4:05 pm

A dog is credited with saving the lives of a couple Friday morning in Lexington.

Around 3:15 a.m., the sleeping couple was woken up by their dog who was "acting weird." 


According to Lexington Fire officials, as the homeowners woke up they quickly realized that their trailer home was quickly filling up with smoke. 


The couple quickly grabbed the dog and headed outside as Scott County firefighters were arriving on the scene, Lexington Fire officials told ABC 36 News.

The trailer home, along Larado Drive, is right on the boarder of the Fayette-Scott County Line. 


The Scott County Fire Department had been called out earlier to a reported gas leak one street over from the fire, Lexington Fire officials said. When they saw the fire, they called Lexington dispatchers and went over to make sure that everyone was out safely.

Although the couple was able to get out, the family's three other dogs did not make it out, fire officials said. Firefighters believed they died from smoke inhalation

The couple was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, officials said.

The fire is still under investigation, but they believe the fire was accidental.

Share
Most Popular
2014 36 Blitz: Corbin Redhounds
Perennial power under new leadership with unlikely connection to the program. Video Video
Police: Woman tried to strangle child with rope
Louisville police say a woman contemplated killing an 8-year-old boy then tried to strangle him with a rope.
Arrest Made In Elderly Man’s Death
A couple of weeks ago an elderly man was brutally beaten to death at his Lexington apartment on Appian Way. Video Video
Postal Facility In Lexington Scheduled To Be Closed In 2015
The U.S. Postal Service's processing and distribution center on Nandino Boulevard in Lexington is scheduled to be closed next year to save money, according to the USPS Website. Video Video
Homemade Explosive Device Goes Off At Lafayette HS
Around 8:30 AM Wednesday an explosive device made out of a soda bottle went off. Nobody was injured. Police found two more devices, and depressurized them. Video Video
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.