Update: Danville Boy Saves Family From Fire

Update: Danville Boy Saves Family From Fire

A 12 year-old boy alarmed his eight family members that their house was on fire overnight Wednesday.
A 12 year-old boy is a hero after getting his eight family members out of a burning house overnight Wednesday.

Jaxxyn Wood says he was up late in his room playing video games when he smelled something burning.

Wood says he discovered a kitchen appliance catching fire. He says he tried dumping water on the appliance, then ran upstairs to wake up his family.

The Danville Fire Department says had it not been for Wood, they're not sure if the family would have made it out of the home in time.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and the laundry room, however much of the house sustained significant smoke damage.






Page: [[$index + 1]]