The program offers financial relief for anyone with unusually high heating bills.
Every year the C.A.C. is given 1.2 million dollars to help people pay their bills.
Last year they awarded financial aid more than five thousand people.
There are qualifications people have to meet in order to be eligible for the funds:
-The household is within four (4) days of running out of fuel, if bulk fuel (coal, fuel oil, propane, kerosene, or wood) is the heat source;
-The household has received a past due or disconnect notice if natural gas or electric is the heat source; or
-The household's home heating costs are included as an undesignated portion of the rent, and the household has received an eviction notice for non-payment of rent from the landlord.
913 Georgetown Street, Lexington (859) 244-2215
1317 Centre Pkwy., Lexington (859) 273-6395
1902 Cambridge Drive, Lexington (859) 246-1192
1169 Winburn Drive, Lexington (859) 294-5249
520 Toner Street, Lexington (859) 554-4350
1414 South Main Street, Millersburg (859) 987-5277
1113 Main Street, Paris, (859) 484-3860
216 Old Lair Road, Cynthiana (859) 234-2121
149 Scrubgrass Road, Carlisle (859) 289-7172
For more information on LIHEAP assistance, please contact Community Action Council in
• Lexington at (859) 233-4600
• Paris at (859) 987-5277
• Cynthiana at (859) 234-2121
• Carlisle at (859) 289-7172
• Toll Free at 800-244-2275
Applicants must bring the following to apply:
1. Proof of income for the previous month for all adults 18 and over in the household
2. The most recent heating bill or an eviction notice and verification from landlord that heating costs are included in rent
3. Birth dates of all household members