A chemical leak caused a fire at Avantor Performance Materials, Inc. in Paris.
Plant workers believe the fire started when a leaking container of nitric acid ignited the corrugated case in which it was stored Sunday morning.
Workers say the fire was extinguished by the on-site sprinkler system and contained to the warehouse area. They say there is no risk to the community.
Paris and Bourbon County fire crews worked for about eight hours cleaning up.
Workers are investigating the issues and plan to put safeguards to reduce the risk of similar incidents in the future.
The Avantor Plant in Pair produces, package and distributes high-purity solvents, acids, salts and bonded phase products. The 310,000 square foot manufacturing plant was established in 1978. It has 245 employees; none were hurt in the fire.