LEXINGTON, Ky. - The Central Kentucky Home, Garden & Flower Show is the largest and longest-running show of its kind in Central Kentucky, introducing new ideas to homeowners since 1976 at Lexington Center’s Heritage Hall and Rupp Arena. Doug Hart, consulting show manager says, “The 2013 show is truly a streamlined experience where you, as our guest, can find everything for the home and garden at one time, in one place, all under one roof. Heritage Hall and Rupp Arena will be segmented into major categories, each of which could be a weekend show in itself.”
Here are a few examples:
• “The Remodeling Showcase”, powered by LG&E/KU: Discover new ideas for painting a room or your entire house to installing a deck or skylight, and all kinds of remodeling projects in between. These vendors have the expertise to save you time and money in the Remodeling Showcase, a new feature this year.
• “Small Space Gardens,” presented by Meade Concrete Products: Here you’ll find landscaping advice, as well as products and design ideas to make the most of your outdoor space, no matter how big or small your project is!
• “Kitchen and Bath Showcase”: If you’re remodeling either or both of the most important rooms in your house, the exhibitors in the Kitchen and Bath Showcase have the latest trends in lighting, cabinetry and energy-saving appliances.
• The “Green Zone,” presented by GreenGuide Sustainable Living in the Bluegrass: It’s all about sustainable living in Kentucky for these exhibitors in the Elkhorn Room of Heritage Hall. Learn about green and environmentally friendly products and resources available to you in Central Kentucky.
• “Outdoor Living Market”: Local produce and products are good for you and good for the local economy. Local producers from the Lexington Farmer’s Market in Rupp Arena have a wide variety of locally grown and manufactured products for visitors to purchase while at the show. In addition, you’ll find gardening tools to purchase from Horizons Ltd., outdoor products from Reel Barrels which are crafted from Kentucky Bourbon Barrels and plants and landscape products from Springhouse Gardens.
• “What’s Up in Rupp,” presented by the Better Business Bureau: the BBB’s silent auction has hundreds of items worth tens of thousands of dollars donated by BBB accredited businesses. Nearby, stonemasons from the Dry Stone Conservancy will be building a dry-laid stone pillar throughout the show. Students and faculty from the University of Kentucky’s Department of Landscape Architecture will be exhibiting an urban environment landscape.
• “Outdoor Living Showcase”: Exhibiting in this showcase is a 2,400 square foot display of outdoor wonders from Nature’s Expressions. Whether you garden for pleasure, to put food on the table or both, the Outdoor Living Showcase exhibitors help you make the most of the great outdoors in your own home. Show Hours: Hours of the show are Thursday and Friday, April 4 & 5, 5 p.m.-9:30 p.m.; Saturday, April 6, 10a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday, April 7 from noon to 6 p.m. Tickets are $8 at the door, $2 ticket discounts are offered online at www.ckyhomeshow.com.