With Halloween just weeks away, officials at Blue Grass Energy are encouraging parents and grandparents to protect their children and grandchildren by taking these steps:
* Make sure costumes are flame resistant.
* Instead of buying masks, which can block vision, use makeup.
* Attach reflective tape to costumes and bags.
* If you set out pumpkins with candles inside, place them where kids’ costumes can’t accidentally catch on fire.
* Remove tripping hazards from your sidewalk and porch.
* Go with your children, or send them with another adult.
* If no adult can go, know the route your kids will take, tell them exactly when to be home, and loan them a cell phone for emergencies. Give them a flashlight, too.
* Inspect all candy before your children eat any of it.
In addition, once again this year, Blue Grass Energy is giving away colorful trick-or-treat bags, decorated with Buzz the electrical safety robot. Stop by Blue Grass Energy and pick up your bag today.
“Our supply of the free Halloween bags is limited, but we encourage people to stop by our offices to pick them up,” said Denise Myers, spokeswoman for Blue Grass Energy. “We wish everyone a safe and happy Halloween.
For more safety tips visit http://www.bgenergy.com/